A36 Steel Plate
The A36 steel specification was first issued in 1960.Today,engineers specify ASTM A36 for more structural steel fabrications than any other type of plate.Consequently,it is the most purchased hot-roll steel plate in the world and the least expensive of the commercial carbon steels.The heat ability reates very good welding properties, and the 36 ksi yield strength makes it acceptable for most applications.A36 is considered a mild steel due to it's relatively moderate hardness. It is widely used in the construction of buildings, bridges and other structures by means of welding, bolting orriveting. This steel is useful because of its wide availability.
ASTM A36 low carbon and structural steel plate is highly used in construction of oil rigs and in forming bins, tanks, bearing plates, rings, jigs, cams, forgings, templates, gears, base plates, stakes, fixtures, sprockets, forgings, brackets, ornamental works, stakes, agricultural equipment, automotive equipment, machinery parts and frames. This steel plate is also used for various parts that are produced by flame cutting. The parts include walkways, boat landing ramps, parking garages, and trenches. The ductility of this steel plate allows the alloy to be used neither as cable nor as reinforcing bar. This steel is strictly regulated by ASTM that is by American Society for Testing and Lindenhurst health and fitness center Materials.
Good machinability and weldability
The machinability rate of this steel plate is approximately 72 percent, and the average surface cutting feed of this A36 is 120 feet per min. This ASTM steel plate is an easy steel to weld and it can be welded by using any type of welding methods and also the welds and joints that are formed are of top-notch quality. Coming to the heating treatment, any standard carburizing and the hardening methods of AISI 1018 steel is perfect for this steel plate.
Heat treatment methods and performances for A36 steel plate
ASTM A36 steel plate is subjected to the normalization treatment at 899°C to 954°C that is at 1650°F to 1750°F, to annealing treatment at 843°C to 871°C that is at 1550°F to 1600°F, to stress relieving process at 677°C to 927°C that is at 1250°F to 1700°F, to carburizing process at 899°C to 927°C that is 1650°F to 1700°F and to hardening process at 788°C to 816°C that is 1450°F to 1500°F. Hardening process is strongly required when hardness and strength are the desired prime properties in design. Normalization treatment is done as the final treatment after the manufacturing process.
The properties of this steel plate allow it to deform steadily as the stress is increased beyond its yield strength in order to allow the bridges, buildings and any other constructions to stand long enough by allowing the inhabitants to exit safely before any collapse takes place. This steel plate has very good yield strength that is it has yield strength of 36,000 psi and it also has a high allowable bending stress of 22,000 psi.
If you need any info or price details on steel plate of Q235A,Q235B or equivalent steel standard ASTM A36 and SS400, don't hesitate to send a message now!
- Carbon Steel Plate
- SA656 Gr 80 carbon steel plate stock
- China Q890D HSLA steel plate manufacture
- ASTM A709 Grade 50 steel sheet Chemical composition
- ASME SA572 Grade 65 HSLA steel plate stock
- JIS G3106 SM490B HSLA steel plate specification
- ASTM A514 Gr S HSLA steel plate equivalent
- ASTM A514 Gr Q hot rolled HSLA steel sheet
- JIS SM490B HSLA steel sheet usage
- EN10025 6 S500QL1 HSLA steel plate dealer
- China DIN St37 3 structural steel plate mill
- China ASTM A573 Gr 70 HSLA steel plate stock
- DIN WStE255 HSLA steel sheet data sheet
- S355K2 HSLA steel plate data sheet
- China GB T16270 Q800F HSLA steel sheet exporter
- ASTM A514 Gr K HSLA steel plate usage
- China DIN 17102 EStE355 steel plate price
- GB T3274 Q420A hot rolled HSLA steel sheet
- ASTM A514 Gr T steel sheet size
- China JIS G3106 SM400B HSLA steel sheet exporter
- Offer ASTM A514 Grade P carbon steel plate stock
- China GB T16270 Q460F mild steel sheet mill
- Multifunctional ASME SA514 Gr E HSLA steel sheet
- Offer DIN 17102 WStE255 HSLA steel plate stock
- China ASME SA283 Grade D HSLA steel plate supplier
- TStE355 HSLA steel sheet price